Convention Application Resume
Welcome to Weasels on Easels!
This page serves to fulfill any needs to gather applicable business information, view products, previous work, previous table set ups and our current con schedule that we will update as necessary. Due to time constraints and strain placed on me (Ashaeda) due to my chronic impairments, our website is not always up to snuff, outside of our queue and this page. We have done our best to make this page functional on mobile applications, but I highly reccomend viewing it on a desktop.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our application and review our page. We hope it is conclusive of any necessary information, but are happy to answer any further questions if needed.
Ashaeda and Arctonyx
- Nothing this Month
- Furrydelphia 2023: Pending
- Nothing this month
- Arizona Furcon 2023 – Vending
- BLFC 2023 – Vending
- BLFC – Vending
- MFF- Applying
- Anthro Northwest 2024: Seattle, WA |Jan 5-8, 2023
- Further Confusion 2024 – Pending
- Anthro Expo 2024: Pending
- No events this month
- No events this month
- Furlandia 2024 : Applying
- Nothing this month
Mobility Aid Concerns
Accessibility Accommodations Request
First and foremost, I must place forward that I am a wheelchair user and as I often need endcap placement on one or more sides so that I may access my space with my mobility aids as necessary. I understand that this can negatively impact our opportunities for space selection, however I would still like to request that this be considered with table placements. I often vend in conjunction with Beans in Things and we usually work out entry on one side.
As the founder of Weasels on Easels, Ashaeda has expressed themselves through a wide variety of mediums for most of thier life. They began creating artwork professionally in 2012 and began working under the name Weasels on Easels in 2013. Existing as a way of finding their purpose in this world and bringing a bit of light to the daily lives of others, they strive to grow in thier work and support the artist community as a whole. Weasels on Easels has allowed us to do just that, helping us to grow as individuals beyond chronic illness and disabilty, to earn a living through our passion in life.
Ashaeda and Arctonyx met in 2015 and kindled thier friendship together through the furry community in 2016. Together, with the help of many friends they have met along the way, Ashaeda and Arctonyx, despite many bumps and hurdles, have grown Weasels on Easels into the fully-fledged business it is today.
Our vision is to capture the moments and beauty we find in the world as well as our imaginations, through our photography and artwork so that we may share it with the world and that others may share the same joy that we found seeking and creating it.
To the right we have created a FAQ. You may click through the tabs to gather any further needed information.
Below we have created many sectioned galleries including a large portion of our product line, displayed artwork, and prior fursuits as well as some videos of more recent con tables.
Working in a shared studio as Weasels N’ Bits, Weasels on Easels and Beans in Things provide a well rounded selection of fursuit making supplies, materials, parts and artwork to the hands of both skilled and unskilled artist alike.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click through the tabs below to find answers to our most common questions!
Business and Legal Names
Weasels on Easels
Sole Proprietor – State of Oregon Secretary of State
Weasels on Easels [or] sometimes Weasels and BiTs when vending with vending with Beans in Things
Allison Wier (Ashaeda) [legal owner, commissions, manegment, logistics] Head artist at Weasels on Easels who has 10 years of experience in fine art and conventions and 5.5 years of experience making fursuits. Handles logistics, planning and customer relations.
John Hartney (Arctonyx) [customer service, Etsy order fulfillment, shipping, convention assistant] Assistant to Weasels on Easels and the public representative of Beans in Things. He has 4 years of experience providing assistance at conventions and making fursuits. Lead mold maker and caster with 10 years of experience, equipment technician and secondary in customer relations.
Kat Pelz (Ube) [customer service, Etsy order fulfillment, convention assistant] Assistant to both Weasels on Easels and Beans in Things at cons and in the studio, Ube is a fursuit maker in training and Artist with 5 years of experience in fine art.
What does Weasels on Easels sell?
Weasels on Easels is a mixed media business producing fursuits, cosplay and fine art. At the time of writing (2022), Ashaeda has 10 years of experience creating traditional artwork and related products (prints, stationary, etc), 5.5 years of experience making fursuits and cosplay, and 7 years of experience vending at cons and shows. With a heavy focus in realistic and surrealistic wildlife artwork, this has translated over into our fursuit and costume work as well. We also sell related realistic fursuit supplies for crafters to make thier own.
Our product line includes:
- Foam and Resin Head bases and related kits
- Resin Teeth, Horns, Claws, Noses Etc
- Silicone and Urethane Rubber Tongues, Pawpads, Feetpads Etc
- Sewing and Repair materials, tools and kits
- Fabrics and Faux Furs (pre-packed kits, when available, and scrap bags)
- Specialty Tools (brushes, shavers, etc)
- Retired molds, masters and parts
- Boxed Tutorial Kits and Printed Patterns
- Fursuit Care Items and Kits including sprays, shampoos and brushes
- Premade Fursuit Heads, Partials, Tails, Paws
- Similar items within these categories
- Windstone Editions Figurines (Official Convention Dealer)
- In-studio made merchandise including prints, bookmarks, some stickers etc
- Ordered merch we cannot produce in studio including t-shirts, pins, stickers, post cards, etc.
I started vending shows, fairs and conventions as an artist in 2015. The image gallery below is not conclusive of my shows as in early years, I did not photo many of show booths until more recently (2019 and onwards).
I have vended the following events:
- Sandpoint Summer Art and Farmers Market: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Sandpoint Art in the Garden: 2016
- Schweitzer Fall Festival: 2015, 2016
- Schweitzer 7B Sunday: 2016
- Pend Oreille Arts Council Annual Arts and Craft Fair (Juried art show): 2015, 2016, 2017
- Pend Oreille Arts Council Art Walk: 2015, 2016, 2017
- Ponderay Winter Craft Fair: 2015
- Shakespeare in the Park Sandpoint: 2018 (?)
- Nanoncon Film Festival and Comicon: 2019 (Invited guests) (2020,2021, Canceled due to covid)
- Sandemonium Fandom Con: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Furlandia: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 (2021 Canceled due to covid)
- Anthro Northwest: 2018, 2019, 2023, 2024 (2020,2022, Canceled due to covid)
- Denfur: 2022 (2020,2021, Canceled due to covid)
- ACFI: 2022 (2020,2021, Canceled due to covid)
- AnthroExpo: 2023 (2020,2021, Canceled due to covid)
- Biggest Little Fur Con: 2024
- Arizona Fur Con: 2024
Approved but canceled due to covid:
- Furvana 2020
- Spokanthro 2020
Where Do We Sell Our Work?
Do You do Custom work? Where is your Queue?
We do accept custom work on a very limited basis. We currently have a long queue and as a result we are only replacing cancelations (as needed) until it as fully emptied. As we have vended events, it has allowed us to cancel open cancelation slots, helping to reduce our queue. We do not, and have not ever, accepted at-con commissions, however we have provided quote forms to those who want an estimated price range. We have refrained from providing quotes when events have requested this of us.
My queue is publically available at all times and can be found here: www.weaselsoneasels.com/queue